Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Snowman Gift Card Holders for Christmas Craft Fair

I found the cutest examples of gift card holders on Pinterest.  My favorites were in the shape of snowmen holding a gift card pocket, so I set out to come up with a pattern.

After a LOT of mistakes in measuring and cutting, here is what I created:


I used Spellbinders dies to cut the "cap" and body, Stampin' Up! mitten builder punch for the trim on the hat and, of course, the mittens, as well as to cut out the gift card opening in the red mat.  For his cheeks I used a q-tip dabbed in a soft pink chalk ink and swirled the color around until I was happy with the depth.  His eyes are self-adhesive metal dots, the nose is just a small sliver of orange paper, and his mouth is drawn on by hand.  The finishing touches are the silver and white pom pom for his cap and the multi-colored blue eyelash yarn for his scarf.

Now to come up with a "gal" version of this little guy!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment